HOMEGEST Real Estate Consulting aims to support and advise the client in the process of searching and buying property in Portugal. Our main goal is to provide to our clients the best services in way to come and live in Portugal. We will help you to make the right choice!
The company HOMEGEST was created with a core business of property management. Dealing every day with the properties and the growing interest of foreigners to buy a property in Portugal, HOMEGEST identified the need to expand to the real estate business.
WHY CHOOSING HOMEGEST:
Each project is unique and HOMEGEST suits your needs and offers you customized support. Selecting the region, city or town, decide to live in Portugal or simply to invest, preferring to buy or rent … HOMEGEST listen carefully and take into account all your needs and all your stress, helping you to realize your project in the best conditions.
We offer to our clients a tailor-made service by investing our time and energy into finding their dream second residence, holiday home or ideal investment, removing the all the concerns and unfamiliarity associated with buying property abroad.
We help to realize your project! If you wish to buy a property In Portugal but you don’t know from where to start, we can assist you by recommending the region that is more suitable for you and help you to find the house that will suit your expectations.
This is the first step where the customer will get the primary information about the country (financial sector, wealth taxes, cost of living, tax rules) and regions (culture, gastronomy, services) that will help to decide why and where to buy a house in Portugal.
We will take care of searching the house you imagined to live in Portugal. Our company has several partners in the market that will help us to find your dream house.
Housing visits to better understand the local market, followed by one of our market consultant. During your stay in Portugal we will have the pleasure to accommodate you and take care about the transfers during the visits.
If your purpose is to build a house in Portugal, we can assist you since the beginning. HOMEGEST has privileged and exclusive partnership with portuguese construction companies.
We will give you all the support to move to Portugal – assistance for the getting a Social Security and Financial Number in Portugal; all the support with the documentation for Non-Habitual Resident; contract celebration with the providers of gas, water, electricity for your new home; celebrating an insurance and several services that you will need to feel comfortable.
Our concierge services are available 24/7 to meet your unique needs. We can plan the perfect getaway, or organize the most spectacular event, or suggest a great restaurant, but we do it all with your specific tastes in mind. Our goal is to save our clients the time and remove stress from your lives.
Assistance during your absence: monitoring your home, receive your mail, taking care of your garden, etc. You can count on efficient and qualified people to take care of your house during all year around.
Tax regime for retired foreigners in Portugal (Non-Habitual Residents)
The Portuguese Government has simplified the granting of the tax status of non-habitual residents, making Portugal fiscally attractive country for pensioners. Retired foreigner, who decides to live in Portugal, may request the special status of non-habitual resident and benefit from exemption of a personal income tax on his pension.
People that benefit from a pension (private sector pensioners) paid in a country with which Portugal has established double taxation agreement, will no longer pay taxes in their country of origin because is now a Portugal habitual resident and also will not pay taxes in Portugal under the special legal exemption.
Requirements to qualify for a Non-Habitual Resident:
• Having not been a resident in Portugal for the last 5 years;
• Must stay in Portugal for more than 183 consecutive or non-consecutive days
• Having remained in the country for less time, having, at 31st December of that year, a home in such conditionsthat would lead to the assumption that it is intended to be kept and occupied as your habitual residence;
Golden Residence Permit Program
New legal provisions open up the possibility of applying for a residence permit for pursuing investment activities to those who have entered the country regularly (e.g. holders of valid Schengen Visas, or beneficiaries of Visa exemption), by transferring capital, creating jobs or acquiring real estate.
The holders of Golden Residence Permits for Investment Activity have the right to family regrouping, and may gain access to a permanent residence permit, as well as to Portuguese citizenship in accordance to the current legal provisions.
• Property Investment – The acquisition of real estate with a value of 500 thousand Euros or more;
• Capital Investment – Transfer of capital worth 1 million Euros or more (including investments in company stocks or shares);
• Job Creation – The creation of at least 10 jobs;
Property Investments – Legal Information
• Acquisition of Properties above € 500,000 purchased after 8th October 2012;
• Acquisition completed before the application for residency permit;
• Properties acquired free from any charges or mortgages;
• Minimum stays in Portugal – 7 days first year & 14 days following periods of 2 years;
• Maintain the investment for a minimum of 5 years;
• Residency Application made within a maximum of 90 days after entry in Portugal;
• Residency Permit granted for an initial period of 1 year & renewed for periods of 2 years;
• Possibility of permanent residency after year 5 and nationality one year later;
• Be acquired under a co-ownership scheme, provided that each co-owner invests 500 thousand Euros or more, or through a promissory sale-purchase agreement indicating an amount of 500 thousand Euros or more; the respective transfer deed should be submitted before requesting the renewal of the residency permit for investors;
• Be encumbered starting from a threshold in excess of 500 thousand Euros;
• Be leased and exploited for commercial, agricultural or tourism purposes;
Documents & Requirements
• Valid Passport and Schengen Visa;
• Valid travel document and medical insurance for EU / Portugal;
• Updated property documents showing ownership of property;
• Proof of means of income and proof of address;
• Absence of criminal conviction and of interdiction to enter the country;
• Absence of notice from the Portuguese Immigration Authorities or Schengen Services;
• Declaration from the investor confirming compliance with the investment requirements;
The applicant is entitled to:
• Request a Residence Permit for its immediate family, under the family regrouping option; Legally work in Portugal;
• Travel within the Schengen area;
• Additionally, the holders of a Golden Residence Permit may be eligible for a Permanent Residence Permit or Portuguese Citizenship, if all other legal requirements are fulfilled